What We Offer
Our curriculum is a highly structured method, breaking the 45minute/1 hour lessons into components of five to ten minutes or less. But this framework allows a great deal of flexibility, as teachers can select from a multitude of Adventure Learning™ Challenges and other activities to fit the needs of their students.
The materials are all designed to improve a child's vocabulary, promote sound-word association, specific cognitive-language skills, sight-word, letter-sound recognition, basic Spanish phrases, phonetics and pronunciation.
Spanish will be taught in a practical and fun manner.
- Toddler's class; Children will follow instructions in Spanish and even sing songs with their friends in class and at home. Materials and songs are designed to improve a child's vocabulary, promotes sound-word recognition, basic phrases and greetings.
- K-1 grade; Introduction of vocabulary through songs, games, flashcards, sound-word association, total physical response (TPR), specific cognitive- language skills, sound of the vowels, and new survival phrases every week. Parental support is needed to practice at home (learn with your child). Expect a silent period at this age we just want the child to be exposed to the language, recongize the stucture, follow instructions, and enjoy singing and playing in Spanish.
- 2-4 grade; Sounds, vocabulary, feminine and masculine articles, as well as singular and plural, while practicing every day new words and phrases, writing and construction of simple sentences depending on the child's level.
- 5-6 graders; At this age we focus more on sentence construction, vocabulary and grammar that goes far beyond most elementary and middle school curriculum, verbs conjugation and reading comprehension.
- 7-8 graders; With this group we cover important Spanish rules and exceptions, more vocabulary and grammar with a special focus on Spanish 1-2 curricula to be ready for High School. (verbs, adjectives, articles, reflexive verbs, regular and irregular verbs).
- Spanish for Spanish Speakers; We cover Mexican grammar and spelling curricula based on the secretaria de educacion publica curricula.
- Morning coffee: conversational Spanish for parents after dropping off their children at school, form a group and our teacher will work with you.
- High school and middle school tutoring; Individual or group lessons, call to set up a class that best covers your child needs.
Added to every lesson are extension activities to provide reinforcement opportunities for students who attend more than once a week, or just more options for fast learners. Our teachers are thus able to teach a variety of students within a class, and adjust classes to fit the needs and administrative elements of various types of classes.